University Update # 6

Yes I'm still alive and I'm still here. As you probably can tell things have been a bit quiet on the blogging front since I started back at university for my third and final year and I thought I should just fill you in on a few new things going on. 






Third year is hard. I always heard people saying that third year at university was always a completely different level and me being naive didn't believe it could be that bad. It is that bad. I don't know whether its just because I study law which is a hard subject anyway and the step up has been extreme or whether its the same for every course. Anyway, blogging has definitely not been at the forefront of my mind, unfortunately, and I do miss it. I miss sitting down writing blog posts, taking photos, scheduling tweets, talking with other bloggers on twitter. There is so much I miss and I definitely know I will be returning to blogging as soon as I can but right now university has to be the main focus of my life.



A big change for me this year is that I am actually living in a house rather than student accommodation. I love living in a house. I had a lot of worries but I have literally never been so happy. I love having a big bedroom. I love having a bath! I love having a proper sofa and a TV where we can all sit and relax. I love not feeling like I have to spend all of my time in my room, I can go and sit in the living room when I want to switch off from university mode and my room is my work and sleep area. I no longer feel the need to take food up to my room and isolate myself from the world. Having to budget my money for bills and rent each month is a new thing, but something that I've accepted with open arms. At the end of the day this is life. The struggle of money, keeping up with bills, rent, trying to decide when we should turn the heating on and how long for, it's life and I'm excited to actually be living like an 'adult' rather than just living in halls where I didn't feel independent, I felt like a naive fresher just fleeing from their home. Having a nice home to come back to with nice housemates has already made such a difference to my university experience this year compared to last year and my university work as well. 

In terms of actual university I have actually enjoyed this year way more then my other two years at university. I don't know whether this is because of my living situations but I have loved my first semester of my third year. My modules were great and really interesting. I've made new friends on my course who are the loveliest bunch of people I know and am so happy to have actually gotten to know them properly. In terms of my results I actually did really well this semester. I stepped out of my comfort zones a lot. I also spent a lot of time and late nights at the library and it obviously paid off! I start back from my second and final semester of my time at university this week and I honestly am looking forward to it so much. I can't believe I graduate in June (June 23rd to be exact!) and I'm not thinking much about my plans after university I just want to enjoy the time I do have left!

Another big update is that I actually now have a boyfriend who has been taking up quite a bit of my time. It is all still quite new and quite different for me as I've never really had a proper boyfriend as such. It's been exciting and lovely. He's not a student which is refreshing that he actually forces me to shut off when I'm with him and just relax which is definitely needed sometimes! It possibly couldn't have happened at the worst time as I am in my third year of university and university is so important to me, especially to do well! But I'm excited to see what this relationship brings and we have a lot of plans for the upcoming months! 

So there's a not so quick update for you all about where I've been. Thank you so much for sticking around and still supporting this little blog of mine. I finish university in May and am very much looking forward to getting back into blogging when I do! In the meantime please bear with me, I will be back at some point this year that's for sure! If you do want to keep updated with me make sure to check out my Instagram @paigelaura96 as I post on there quite regularly!

Are you following me on: Bloglovin' ~ Instagram ~ Twitter Pinterest


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...