Charlotte Tilbury Bar of Gold

I recently featured this in my One Beauty Product You Should Invest In and mentioned I was going to do a review of it. So here it is!





"So much more than just a highlighter, a sweep of this sumptuous, gilded, delicately-fine powder will give you the instant show-stopping glamour of a Bond Girl. It has the transformational powers to lift lacklustre, dull skin.
This light-reflecting highlighter creates sculpted, gilded cheekbones and radiant, glossy skin in five gentle strokes – brush on top of cheekbones, temples, nose, cupid’s bow and décolletage. 
The addition of luxurious Pure Gold Pearls illuminate the skin and soft-focus any imperfections, to give the illusion that your skin is bathed in candlelight."

As I've mentioned I received this for my birthday back at the beginning of April. My mum knew how much I have been loving highlighters and how much I wanted something from Charlotte Tilbury. After seeing this she knew it was perfect.
Despite owning a lot of highlighters, none of them are like this. It can look quite scary being solid gold colour but it is actually quite sheen and gives a beautiful glow to the skin. It is very softly milled but can really be built up to give a full on highlighter, which I personally really like as I can use it for all occasions.
The packaging isn't the best in all honesty. Which disappointed me as it wasn't cheap and Charlotte Tilbury is a well-known brand. Its basically cardboard with a gold foil coating. It has a strong magnetic clasp, which is good but in all it's actually quite disappointing. If you get a chance to see this in a store I'd definitely go and look at it and you'll completely see what I mean! The packaging is also quite chunky which can make it difficult to travel with but it does feel quite sturdy and I am yet to have damaged the highlighter so I guess thats a good thing!
I personally love this highlighter, and despite it being not something I would have necessarily picked up for myself it has become a firm favourite in my daily make up routine, especially when the suns out as it goes perfectly with a bronzed look!
This costs £32 for 4.5g of product.
Have you tried this? What were your thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...