Review // Lush: Mask Of Magnaminty

Fun Fact: Whilst I'm writing this I am actually sat with this mask on my face and I look fabulous.

"A multi-purpose mask with a mixture of gentle yet effective ingredients to clean, calm and clear the skin. Easily smoothed over the skin, this mask is made with peppermint oil to stimulate, marigold oil and chlorophyllin to treat the skin; evening primrose seeds and aduki beans to gently exfoliate as you remove it. You can use this mask anywhere."



When I walked into Lush I knew I wanted to buy a face mask, but I'm not one to use them up quickly so wasn't really interested in their fresh masks as they go off quickly and you have to keep them in the fridge. I got help from a lovely colleague who directed me towards this mask as I wanted something to deal with my problem skin at the time. 

This mask is different to many I've tried, one of the differences being that it ins a tub. I personally liked this as it meant I could easily get the mask out, even when I had some mask on my hands already (if that makes sense) so I don't have to get the packaging grubby or gross, which can happen a lot with tube masks.

Another difference is that this isn't just for the face, you can use it anywhere. As someone who has red, blotchy top of the arms I was intrigued by this. It didn't get rid of the redness and bumps completely but it did definitely help. It was a weird sensation applying a mask to anywhere that wasn't my face but its something I'd definitely do again.

Okay, onto the mask itself. It's a thick green colour (appealing right!?) with little bits which is great for exfoliating. As the name suggests it is very minty. It smells really strong, so if you don't like peppermint I'd stay away from this one. It really felt it was doing something to my skin whilst it was on which is something I love in a mask. Once removed my skin felt so smooth and felt so clean and just fresh in general.

The mask I found did improve my skin. It kept under-the-skin spots at bay, fought spots currently making an outbreak and stopped any further spots from making a breakout worse. This mask is great in my books and something I would definitely purchase again, as it wasn't that much more expensive to usual drugstore face masks. It's a mask I would happily use everyday as I love the scent and what it does to my skin. Plus it isn't too difficult to remove!

What is your favourite Lush Face Mask?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...