2016 Life Goals

It's New Year's Eve and like many I have decided to view the new year with a fresh mind, drawing a line under the last year. I'm not going to lie and say last year was crappy as 2015 was a pretty good year for me. I got a new car, I passed my first year of university, I joined slimming world and lost over a stone, I made some new friends at university, got closer to those who were good for me and drifted from those who weren't adding anything to my life and if anything were a bit toxic, but all in all 2015 was a good year. Yes, there were some rough times but looking back there are so many highs in my life last year and I definitely want those to continue for the next year. I am doing a whole post related to my blogging goals for 2016 as I think that deserves a post on its own but this post is going to be all about my personal life goals for 2016.

So, where do I begin?


Reach My Target Weight // I joined Slimming World in July (you can read all of my Slimming World posts here) and I have set a target and I'm about a stone and a half away from my target. I definitely will achieve this by the end of 2016 but preferably I want to reach it by my birthday in April, 4 months that's completely doable, right? I know it's not going to be easy but now Christmas is behind us i am more determined than ever!

Be More Adventurous In The Kitchen // I actually really enjoy cooking and personally think I'm an alright cook. I want to try more recipes as I'm getting bored of eating the same things and if you follow my Slimming World Instagram account (which you can follow here) you can tell I eat the same things a lot🙈 and it does get boring so I'm looking forward to be more adventurous in both cooking and trying new foods.

Focus More On Me // I want to focus more on me. I did begin to do this at the end of last year as I became to realise how important it was to spend even an hour every couple of days completely focused on me, with studying a full on degree with heavy reading as well as working part time and having a social life can make this difficult. But I am willing to make time to focus on me, I feel this will be so much more beneficial.

Read More // I also want to not only spend more time for myself but I also want to read more. I love reading, and yes technically I do read everyday for my degree but sometimes I just want to pick up a random book and lose myself in the pages. I bought three new books before going back to University in September and as of yet I haven't even finished one. I used to be able to easily read one book a month, sometimes more and I want to get back to that this year.

Be More Positive // Even when my life has been at its lowest it's still better than most of the people in the world and I need to remember that. Being positive can make such a difference on an one's outlook on life. I want to be more happy within myself and being more positive as a whole II think will help this.

Be More Spontaneous // In the last few months especially I've gotten in the habit of planning my weeks out, sometimes weeks in advance and if I don't do said things when I say I will I get stressed. This isn't a good way to live and has really been affecting me so I want to be more spontaneous. Go on nights out when I don't plan to, go eating out at restaurants even if I have a meal planned for the evening, go into town because why not. 

I hate the person I've slowly become in the last year and I want to change that, so hopefully with these goals and going into the year with a positive mind I will be able to achieve that.
What are your goals for 2016?





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...