My Go To Autumn Base


This post may be slightly too late as with the weather we've been having in England has definitely been screaming out Winter weather. But it's only the first week in November so this should still be relevant. I did a My Go To Summer Base post and thought I should share what I've been opting to put on my face now it's gotten colder.


I don't know about you but in the Summer I like a lightweight, dewy base and showing my skin off as much as possible but as soon as it gets a bit colder like my wardrobe I love to pile on the layers. Heavy duty foundations, concealer and lots of product on my face and maybe a bit of shimmer. My skin probably doesn't appreciate it but it's something that I've always done and I think a lot of people are the same.

As I said I like a heavy full coverage in Autumn months and my go to daily foundation of choice is the L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Matte Foundation in 11 Vanilla. This was really hyped about for a long time and it is such a steal at £7.99 for 35ml and this is only just running out on me despite using it basically everyday. This is perfect as it gives me a medium coverage which is completely buildable and gives me a semi-matte finish but without looking cakey and lasts for hours without needing to be powdered. Its my current holy grail foundation. 

Obviously to have a good base you need a solid primer and I have been loving using a bit of a heavier one for daily wear as I find it works amazing with this foundation and that is the Benefit The Pore-Fessional I had a love/hate relationship with this for the longest time but the consistency of this under the L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Matte Foundation is just amazing. It makes it stay matte, covers redness well and definitely pro longs the wear of any foundation.

The pairing of these two products gives such a flawless finish for an everyday look and I have been loving the look of my skin. Like they say a good base is everything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...